* There has been horrific, persistent, large scale, deadly flooding in Peru with displacement on a scale I honestly can't wrap my head around. Want to help? https://www.ammado.com/community/193613
* "London attack: Five dead in Westminster terror attack:" http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39359158
* "Dmitry Orlov: Social Collapse Best Practices:" http://longnow.org/seminars/02009/feb/13/social-collapse-best-practices/
* We appear to have bombed a refugee school in Raqqa.
* "Russian paid Manafort millions to help Putin influence US:" ( Embed: )
* "Trump case a lesson in intelligence gathering:" ( Embed: )
* "Nunes muddies Trump probe with abrupt claim of new evidence:" ( Embed: )
* All nominations still under discussion need to be haulted. People who have clearly committed felonies (Flynn and Manafort) need to be arrested right away, and there needs to be a full proper independent inquiry to see who else needs arresting. This isn't some piddly blow job situation; this is a safety and security of the Nation and the World situation.
* "Rep Schiff: Trump Russia case now 'more than circumstantial':" ( Embed: )
* "Russian info-war tactics in US election continue:" ( Embed: )
* "No, it Really is that Bad:" http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2017/02/no-is-really-is-that-bad
* "SCOTUS integrity damaged by GOP stolen seat:" ( Embed: )
* "Franken questions Trump & Gorsuch’s judgment:" ( Embed: )
* "Former GOP chairman charged with voter fraud:" ( Embed: )
* "Dahlia Lithwick - The Politicization of Neil Gorsuch's SCOTUS Confirmation - Extended Interview:" ( Embed: )
* "Sanders: AHCA is tax plan to help the wealthy:" ( Embed: )
* "The Barbarians Inside the Gates: Can the Center Hold?:" https://medium.com/bioneers/the-barbarians-inside-the-gates-can-the-center-hold-25ea6408bd5e#.i3b13f53n
* "Why Is A Hate Group Meddling In An Illinois School Board Race?:" http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2017/03/why-is-hate-group-meddling-in-illinois.html
* This has got to be the Alaska equivalent of Florida Man. "Snake found on a plane. Yes, really... snake on a plane:" http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39349326/snake-found-on-a-plane-yes-really-snake-on-a-plane
* "Africa's Sean Spicer & Not Coming to America:" ( Embed: )
* "So Much News, So Little Time:" ( Embed: )
* "Jordan Klepper Fingers the Pulse - Why Is President Trump Campaigning Again?:" ( Embed: )
* "Dalai Lama: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver:" ( Embed: )
* "Trump's Hard Power Budget :" ( Embed: )
* "Steve Bannon's Bathtub Musings:" ( Embed: )
* "The WERD: Screw Unto Others:" ( Embed: )
* "Dr. Sebastian L. v. Gorka, Trump Whisperer:" ( Embed: )
* "Great Moments In Women's History:" ( Embed: )
* "Jeff Sessions Tackles Weed And The White House's (Unrelated) Paranoia:" ( Embed: )
* "Josh Lucas Had A Machine Gun Pointed At Him:" ( Embed: )
* "Ryan Reynolds & Jake Gyllenhaal Answer the Web's Most Searched Questions:" ( Embed: )
* "Ryan Reynolds: Big Questions With Even Bigger Stars :" ( Embed: )
* NWS Obviously. Wait past the credits. "Deadpool Musical - Beauty and the Beast "Gaston" Parody :" ( Embed: )
* I spent so many years trying to fight Doctors who were trying to gaslight me into agreeing that I wasn't sick, including that time I spent half a decade trying to convince someone to do something about Heberton, the tumor colony that was literally killing me, that even after years of dealing with a practice where the Doctor's are willing to actually treat me, it is always a huge relief that they do instead of making me waste huge amounts of energy I haven't got fighting for treatment. Decades of training has made me used to being told I am imaging whatever happens to be actively trying to kill me, which of course plays in "fun" ways with my childhood abuse. I really have no words for how I feel every time a Doctor just tries to fix what wrong instead of trying to retraumatize me out of laziness and/or prejudice.
The lab results weren't back yet, but the x-ray was definitive. This is the first pneumonia I've had in the half decade or so since I was vaccinated against it. I used to get it most years, so the vaccine was so worth it. I started antibiotic number three this morning, one of the alarmingly strong ones. At least it's only once a day, and I'm off my arthritis meds for the duration as I don't like making holes in my stomache. My body pulled one of it's little chronic illness rebellions this evening, though it is hard to tell if it's the pneumonia or the antibiotic or both or neither. They made need to change antibiotic depending on what strain it tuns out to be, but odds are I won't. This has been a bad one, acute more than half the time between the beginning of February and now. In it's own way it's been worse than the six months of lung MRSA.
In other news, Squirrel is recovering well from the influenza and Tavy has been trying terribly hard to be good, poor wee beastie.
* I feel like people get intimidated by "elite" culture. People with a lot of time and money to devote to things like studying Shakespeare or classical music or high end art have a very human interest in making these things into something only the very wealthy and highly educated have a right to enjoy because they are the ones who can tease out the nuance. The thing is though that music, art, dance, theater have mostly been available to everybody to some degree. Shakespeare was for the Groundlings as well as the toffs. Church music had to reach the peasant and the rag picker as well as the Queen, King, and the Princes of the church. Art had patrons and sure, the stuff in palaces were for the very rich, but the same painters put the art on public columns and in churches too where everyone saw it. Music and dance have always belonged to everyone even if certain types were more common in one setting or another. even opera had cheap seats when it was new. The barrier between the art of the rich and the art of the poor is a very modern thing, even though we all grew up thinking there was this line between popular and high art. It is bull shit. If you like something and enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with that. your tastes may change with age and exposure and/or study, but never let any one tell you that something that gives you pleasure isn't good enough, and a hundred times that never let anyone tell you you aren't good enough to understand and enjoy something. If it makes you feel something, than that bit of music/art/theater/dance/poetry/whatever worked on some level. That needs to be enough.
It is also absolutely valid NOT to like something, even when everyone seems to be telling you you should. Everyone has a right to their own taste and don’t like anyone tell you different.
* I despise everything about the commercial where the girl mocks her mother on line for #having a cold because #every one gets them so #shut up.
* "The Walking Dead Gives Us a Tasty, Satisfying Filler Ep:" https://www.thefandomentals.com/the-walking-dead-7x14/
* Full list of Resistance and charity links has been migrated to my profile as it was getting out of hand.
* Help pay for cat food, litter, meds, medical copays: Paypal Lethran@gmail.com
* Want Game of Thrones without the creepy? We desperately need new players. We are very inclusive. "Game of Bones MUSH:" gobmush.wikidot.com