I had to Google myself to see how long I had LastPass. I can't recall but it seems like forever. I think it was since I still had a LiveJournal, and I deleted the last one of those (this blog) back in 2008. Google tells me I first wrote about it on Anti-AOL in 2009 and my Dreamwidth tags tell me I did so here in 2010, so I'd guess I've used it for at least 7 but possibly as long as 9 years.
But realizing there is no fix for the blank site list dropdown and blank search results in the Firefox add-on really does kind of enrage me - enough to delete my account, which I did just before posting this.
- Basic functionality - lists that populate on demand, search results that display as you type - have been missing for weeks, no one knows why and devs won't respond to or fix issues
- There's no workaround; the only workaround others advise (using the latest beta version) doesn't work for me
- My own workaround doesn't work for me
- We shouldn't have to scratch around for fixes or workarounds - LastPass has a paid and premium version, so the add-on owner makes money while bugs that wreck basic functionality go unfixed and people like me go nuts for all the fiddling with and wasted time trying to make it work or working around what's broken
Also unfixed (that I've dealt with personally; there's probably more)
- LastPass keeps telling you your Master Password is wrong though you watch yourself type it correctly; keeps giving you a big black X next to the password field (workaround: quit Firefox; restart and try again)
- If you get your Master Password wrong the password form field goes blank the second time and the search box goes blank on all successive tries (workaround: quit Firefox; restart and try again)
- LastPass will go weeks throwing an error on my Dreamwidth password (it literally autofills the wrong password or adds an extra character or characters; something goes wrong, I just can't see what) for this blog, then will go just as long without throwing it, alternating with throwing the error only on my first log-in per session, but not on any successive log-in, alternated with throwing errors on every log-in
Not a bug, but weird (1) or flat-out inexcusable (2):
- LastPass has different login dropdown styles on Dreamwidth; one is a long, stylish list in greyish-beige with a unique font that I see maybe once every 10 logins for no discernible reason on this site but no other; the other is the standard white background
- And I now think LastPass is what's hammering Firefox's memory usage and slowing it to a crawl, not Wordpress and not Firefox itself, like I previously thought
I am just *gaaaah* so fucking done with LastPass.